Northrop Grumman C-130 Principal Mechanical Engineer / Secret / Interim Secret in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, we want you to join our team as a C-130 Principal Mechanical Engineer at our Aircraft Maintenance and Fabrication Center in Lake Charles, LA. You will use your experience in classical static strength hand analysis using applied loads or equivalent strength methods to determine repair margins of safety.
Your Job duties include providing liaison support and developing detailed structural analyses in support of drawing release or aircraft repairs including but not limited to free body diagrams, internal or external loading and calculation of internal stresses. Analyses will be in support of Material Review Board (MRB), Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP) and fleet management activities. Knowledge of Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), large transport aircraft structural design criteria, nonstandard repair and equivalent strength analysis is a plus. Provides technical guidance to liaison engineers in the design and substantiation of aircraft structural repairs.
1. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with minimum 5 years stress/structural analysis or related engineering experience in aircraft production or maintenance engineering; 3 Years with Masters.
2. Experience with classical static strength hand analysis
3. Experience in substantiation of aircraft structural repairs
4. Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
1. Masters degree in Engineering
2. Experience with the C-130, E-8 JSTARS or B707 platforms
3. Experience with MRO engineering operations
4. Experience with Material Review Board operations
5. A&P certificate
6. Experience with aircraft weight and balance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering