Northrop Grumman Machinist 4 in Independence, Missouri
• Move equipment and machinery as needed throughout facility either manually or with the proper and safe use of equipment.
• Use a variety of hand tools, measuring tools, and equipment for cutting, welding and brazing.
• Utilize cranes and trucks to complete large-scale projects.
• Use professional judgement to good use to decide which machines, techniques and tools are the best option for moving equipment and completing all necessary jobs.
• Assist machinery maintenance employees as well as Facilities maintenance employees as needed to help make sure the plant and all machines operate at peak efficiency.
• Repair, design, lay out, fabricate and install material handling systems, machine guarding etc. using drawings, sketches and verbal instruction.
• Set up and operate manual mills, lathes, etc.
• Proficient in set up and use of manual milling machines (horizontal & vertical), hones, boring machines, surface grinders, turret lathe, drill press and various hand tools.
• Able to interpret blueprints, sketches and engineering specifications.
• Able to use a variety of hand tools and precision measuring instruments (Micrometers, Calipers, ID
micrometers, Depth Micro etc.) to produce tight tolerance parts.
• Closely follow established work instructions and set ups.
• Must be capable of working with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to work any shift.
• Supply documentation of education/training from College, Trade school or Vo Tech school in maintenance or millwright trade.
• 2+ years experience in Millwright type work
• 3+ years experience in sheetmetal layout and fabrication
• Able to troubleshoot problems with industrial machinery (presses and packing equipment)
• Experienced in diagnosing, troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic pumps
• Must be fully versed in general shop practices
• Ability to drive a forklift
• Demonstrates initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for excellence
• Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on customer service excellence
• Excels in a team environment; applies teamwork attitude and work ethics
• Responsible for demonstrating a high degree of concern for safety of self and others
• Good documentation and organization skills
• Standard computer skills including MS Office
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry 30 lbs
• 3-4 years of experience in Millwright trade
• 5 + years of experience in Sheetmetal trade
• 1-2 years of experience and proficient in Welding (wire & tig) and provide certifications for welding
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production