Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Software Test Engineer (MASCF) in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is designing, producing, and sustaining the next generation of ballistic missile interceptors as part of the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) solution. A Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) is necessary to deliver timely, reliable, and effective defense for the United States in the face of ever evolving and ever increasing threats to our nation. Northrop Grumman's fully integrated Interceptor program leverages broad Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) expertise and twenty-plus years of operational GMD GBI Homeland Defense experience. Our NGI solution incorporates low risk, next generation technologies and tailors modern practices within traditional execution to incrementally optimize engineering, manufacturing, and mission performance. Come join Northrop Grumman in this exciting new venture!
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Space Systems Sector is currently seeking a Sr. Principal Software Test Engineer based in Huntsville, AL to join our team. Candidates will work in an Agile team environment, where they will actively engage in sprints and other Agile process activities. You will be performing software testing in a model and simulation environment.
Your responsibilities Include:
• Developing software test documentation
• Performing test planning, monitoring, and execution of test activities
• Reviewing and verifying system level and software level requirements
• Developing and executing software test cases in a Linux (6, 7, 8) environment and analyzing the results
• Collaborating with Stakeholders and Government customer
• Working within a SAFe Agile team environment, to include Iteration Planning, Feature and Story development, Sprint Planning, and Iteration Retrospectives.
• Participating in demos for the team and program Sprint reviews
• Bachelor's in Science with 9+ years of experience; 7+ years with a Master's; 4+ years with a PhD
• Experience creating and documenting test plans/procedures, analyzing results and creating reports
• Must have an Active Secret Clearance
• Unix/Linux Operating System Experience
• C++/Java/Ada Software Development experience
• Understanding of Modeling and Simulation
• Familiarity with Agile tools (GIT, GITLAB)
• Familiarity with Automation tools
• Experience running bash scripts in Red Hat Linux
• Prior experience with Missile Defense Agency (MDA) programs and/or systems
• Software development experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering