Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Multimedia Designer - Clearance - Adobe - Illustrations - IETM - RPSTL in Huntsville, Alabama
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Technical Publications and Multimedia department has an opening for a Sr Prin Multimedia Designer. Northrop Grumman Defense Systems has an opening for a Sr Principal Multimedia Designer in Huntsville, Al. Candidate will provide graphic arts and illustration expertise in the development of operator, maintainer, and administrator software
for interactive electronic technical manuals and electronic technical manuals.
Designs and develops multimedia applications, systems and products involving computer graphics and interactive computing such as computer-based systems for personal computers or CD-ROM applications. Incorporates software
applications in multiple technology media systems, such as graphics, animation, text, and sound. Creates line drawings and as needed illustrations for technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming
manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by
interviewing or coordinating with technical writers, provisioners, maintenance engineers, product developers, and observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and work instructions. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
Conducts quality review of materials, provides statuses and reports as required, and interfaces directly with the customer and Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) publications representatives.
May be responsible for photographic equipment maintenance and operation to include video and photo shoots of events and equipment operations. May also have responsibility or input on reproduction and printing processes through in-house resources or outside vendors.
Bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design, Graphics Arts, Communications, or related field and nine years of applicable experience. Seven years applicable experience with a Master's degree. Four years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
· MUST be proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office Suite (MS Word and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
· MUST demonstrate proficiency in the development (creation, editing, reviewing, and finalization) of paged-based and frame-based technical manual line drawing illustrations. as raster and vector based graphics. Including concepts and creation of:
Raster format drawings
Vector format drawings
· MUST be proficient in the graphics development for Operator, Maintainer, and Sustainment level IETMs and ETMs to include Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL).
· MUST have the ability to research, review, understand technical information, interpret engineering drawings, interface with maintenance engineers and provisioners, and develop procedural illustrations for technical documentation.
· MUST be able to participate in peer reviews, Validations, Verifications, and Logistics Maintenance Demonstration events to ensure accuracy, usability and compliance of IETMs/ETMs illustrations within contract requirements and associated specifications.
· MUST possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to prepare and present reports and presentations using MS Office products to co-workers, managers, and customers.
· Familiar with Arbortext Editor, IADS, MS Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
· Familiarity with DoD specifications MIL-HDBK-1222* and MIL-STDs -40051-1* and -40051-2*.
· Familiarity with the process for creation, editing , review, finalization, and publishing of DMWRs, PMCs, LOs, MWOs, BDARs, and SBs pamphlets pocket guides, quick reference guides, and commercial pamphlets across multiple services (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, and Coast Guard).
· Familiarity of Government Printing Office (GPO) style guide.
· Familiarity with military (U.S. Army) maintenance concepts to include the Army's two-level maintenance concept and maintenance allocation chart (MAC) use in TM development.
· Knowledge of Beyond Compare, Ultra Edit, and XMLSpy software.
· Ability to stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time, and potentially climb upon large vehicles or systems. May occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Have the ability to travel (· Have the ability to multitask on more than one project at a time.
· Have the ability to work with a group or independently, and able to complete assigned tasks within the required deadlines
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Communications