Northrop Grumman Sr Principal Computer Systems Analyst in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Sr Principal Computer Systems Analyst
located in Huntsville, AL.
This position provides critical system administration of the software development and ancillary laboratory environments supporting the Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) program. C2BMC is the integrating element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
• Operating, maintaining, and managing Linux systems supporting a software development environment.
• Overall day-to-day operations, system security, and availability of a Linux environment. Install, configure, monitor, manage and maintain all Linux based servers and workstations
• Respond appropriately to any security incidents discovered in the system or directed by program security Install, configure, manage and maintain all Linux server based applications
• Install, configure, monitor, manage and maintain all Linux based servers and workstations
• Create and maintain Linux server documentation
• Create and maintain Linux system administration processes and procedures using Ansible playbooks
• Install, configure, manage and maintain all Linux server based applications
• Ensure all Linux based systems have the appropriate patches installed includes but is not limited to, security, applications and OS
• Ensure all Linux based systems are running current versions of antivirus software with current virus definition files
• Create, manage and maintain security groups and user accounts
• Monitor, manage and maintain storage systems and devices
• Create and maintain Linux server images
• Recommend system enhancements, including but not limited to, servers, applications, storage, processes and procedures
• Recommend when additional system resources are required or when existing resources should be retired
• All other tasks as assigned by the IT site lead or IT manager Secondary Responsibilities
• Assist the help desk respond to end users requests/issues if needed
Job Category : Information Technology