Northrop Grumman Software Engineering Manager 2 in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career that puts innovative products and ideas into orbit - and beyond. Northrop Grumman has excellent opportunities for you to play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Northrop Grumman space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day - now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Software Engineering Manager 2 for the Advanced Missile Solutions (AMS) Command and Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) program located in Huntsville, AL.
This is an Engineering Department Manager role requiring an average of 50% of the successful candidate's effort and coupled with 50% technical responsibilities on the program
The Engineering Department Manager responsibilities include:
• Support of staffing, employee development, advancement of engineering practices, identification of skill gaps, and enhanced engineering competencies.
• Demonstrating strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance for yourself and your team.
• Effective collaboration, communications, and problem solving.
• Demonstrating a commitment to ethics & integrity and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
• Developing diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement; including mentoring and coaching.
• Balancing performance among interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities.
• Working across a variety of sites, stakeholders, and functions to achieve outstanding results.
• Ability to champion change within the organization - to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
• The position is located in Huntsville, AL with travel to company and customer sites required up to 10% of the time.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field and 10+ years of technical experience in any combination of Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Integration and Test engineering disciplines accompanied by high proficiency in technical problem solving.
• Previous experience in People and Technical Leadership roles
• Working knowledge of staffing, engineering metrics, training resources, processes, and tools
• Secret clearance minimum
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS Clearance
• Bachelor of Science in a STEM discipline
• MS in a STEM discipline
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
• Knowledge of Air and Missile Defense Systems and Software Applications
• Proven technical management experience preferably in either program IPT, R&D or Advanced Systems, technology, and/or functional environments
• Experience effectively leading diverse technical teams across multiple locations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering