At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Sentinel Principal Network Engineer / Sr. Principal Network Engineer - 11442 . This position will be located in Huntsville, Alabama and will support the Sentinel program.
Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Integrating network devices with monitoring and management software. Conducts testing of network and software tools. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network, hardware, and software such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Designing network management software for a large-scale network such as SolarWinds, PRTG, or Datadog
• Integrating network monitoring and management tools with Cyber Security tools such as Elastic, Splunk, or ACAS
• Developing and Integrating software to provide network monitoring and management capabilities.
• Using Model-Based Systems Engineering practices to design and architecture network capabilities
• Implementing and maintaining operations of the LAN/WAN, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Installing/configuring/maintaining routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Implementing and troubleshooting LAN technologies such as VLANs, Trunking (port tagging), Spanning-Tree, and Port Security.
• The ability to support multiple networks and ensuring necessary administration tasks are completed.
• Recommending and implementing system/process enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Interacting and troubleshooting issues with vendors; evaluating vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhering/reporting to Information Systems security guidelines.
• Completing paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Following all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software. Working with Security personnel to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
• Establishing and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Principal: 05 Years with Bachelors; 03 Years with Masters; 00 Years with PhD or 04 additional years in lieu of a degree.
Sr. Principal: 09 Years with Bachelors; 07 Years with Masters; 04 Years with PhD or 04 additional years in lieu of a degree.
US Citizenship and Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 6 years.
Ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP)
DOD 8570 IAT Level II (Security + or higher)
Understanding of network design, architecture, specifications, and equipment selection.
Experience with large-scale distributed systems and architecture knowledge (Linux/UNIX and Windows operating systems, networking, storage) in a cloud computing or traditional IT infrastructure environment.
Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
DoD Top Secret Clearence
Experience preforming operations in an agile framework (SAFe, Scrum, or Kanban)
Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design.
Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE Certification.
Experience with Windows, Active Directory, Linux, and VMWare configuration.
Understanding of Model-Based Systems Engineering practices.
Experience designing load balancing and proxy appliances.
Experience designing networks wi capabilities of the network.
Salary Range: $86,300 - $160,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.