At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Manager of Project Management 3 (S03). This is a senior management position that will be located at Huntsville, AL and will represent the Strategic Deterrence Systems (SDS) Division as the Site Lead in support of the Sentinel (GBSD), Advanced Program (AP) and Nuclear Command, Control and Communications (NC3) programs.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You'll Get to Do:
• Manage the operational readiness level of SDS site facilities.
• Ensure that safety is the highest priority for all operations at the site.
• Attend site project status meetings and chair weekly site staff meetings. Will report weekly eHighlights/WAR to SDS Division leadership.
• Adhere to the Emergency Action Plan, Crisis Management Plan, Business Resumption/Resiliency Plan and make updates, as required.
• Maintain external relationship with local law enforcement and be a liaison for local and government agencies.
• Coordinate all incident management response to include reporting and initial damage assessments.
• Serve as lead for site employee concerns such as office policies, parking, restrooms, temperatures, landscaping, cross walks, speeding, equality, and computer assets.
• Adjudicate office and seating requests from programs/division. Will require thorough knowledge of facility requirements for facility capacities and space utilization.
• Collaborate with SDS Division and Sentinel program representatives to develop solutions for emerging resource type issues relating to personnel and facilities.
• Drive new capabilities for the site to include Manufacturing, Test, Labs, SCIFs, etc. and coordinate site changes with leadership and landlords (as applicable).
• Strong coordination with all Division Ops functions such as Site Operations, EH&S, Security, Logistics, Employee Engagement and Mission Assurance.
• Manage food services, define cleaning, and maintenance requirements for the facility.
• Ensure all SDS personnel and their visitors/subcontractors adhere to the site policy escort of non-safety trained personnel and contractors (as required).
• Coordinate with communications - Site News (facilities, events, EH&S, ERGs, Security), weekly COVID updates (as required) and DV support (site prep, greetings, tours, briefings).
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience or an additional 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
• 3 years in a formal management position
• Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with the ability to attain Special Program Access.
• 2+years experience managing large-scale and diverse portfolio of investments.
• 2+years experience managing project budgets and preparing requests, making recommendations, and tracking expenditures and performance against plan.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
• Active DoD Top Secret Clearance.
• Prior site lead experience on an ICBM program.
• Experience standing up facilities and new organizations.
• Experience managing and forecasting capital needs and provides input to the LRSP and AOP.
• Excellent communications skills and ability to interact with all Northrop Grumman leadership and Government stakeholders.
Salary Range: $132,300 - $198,500
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.