Northrop Grumman Principal/Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Principal/Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer for an established program that provides homeland defense capabilities.
The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of Cybersecurity practices and willing to perform technical planning, system integration, verification & validation, cost & risk, and sustainment of computing systems. Expected to apply cybersecurity practices and methodologies to all engineering phases, obtain customer or product requirements, provide secure systems engineering solutions for complex software and hardware systems, and systems of systems.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
• Have fundamental knowledge of Systems Engineering practices, network technologies, system development life cycles and methodologies, and insight into information technology infrastructure management/monitoring and applications
• Demonstrate strong verbal/written communication skills, the ability to work well within a team environment, and strong analytical capabilities with the interest in applying troubleshooting skills and techniques to solve problems.
• Participate in team reviews of technical requirements, design and implementation plans prior to deployment.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance, reliability, and security of the system including installing, upgrading, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration
• Apply Cyber Security technologies according to Risk Management Framework (RMF) Controls
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal or a Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer.
Principal Cyber Systems Engineer:
• 5 years of applicable experience with a Bachelors' degree; 2 years of experience with Masters. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer:
• 10 years of applicable experience with a Bachelors' degree; 7 years of experience with Masters. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Must possess DoD 8570 IAM Level II/III certification
• Active DoD SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
• Prior work experience with Risk Management Framework controls
• Installing and configuring Linux and Windows operating systems and applications
• Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
• Up to 25% of possible travel CONUS or OCONUS
• Unix, Linux and/or Windows operating systems and applications administration experience
• Experience with Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology