At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Principal Technical Editor and Writer (AHT)
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking a professional technical writer with the capability to concisely and clearly write, rewrite, edit, and manage various types of technical documentation while working with engineering and management staff to support the program. Applicants should be organized and comfortable with working multiple tasks for multiple people, have the ability to track assignments, seek out and interface with resources, and be able to work alone as well as with a team. Documentation types may range from procedures and policies, contract data requirements lists, statements of work, to user guides, technical bulletins, and maintenance work orders and other technical documentation variants. Applicant must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to express technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences and acquire subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to and understanding technical specifications, engineering drawings, and trade journals.
The qualified candidate must have 1 year of experience with a Masters or 3 years of experience with a Bachelors. Further experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• MUST be a quick learner, and self-starter, and able to work well alone or as part of a team.
• MUST be able to obtain a minimum of SECRET security clearance.
• MUST have a working knowledge of MS Office suite of products to include PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Visio, and Project.
• MUST be an expert with MS Word and the manipulation/application of Styles, Reviewing, Technical Editing, TOC creation, pagination, and cross referencing.
• MUST be extremely familiar with finalizing documents using Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• MUST have a proficient understanding of Agile practices and principals.
• MUST have the ability to research, review, and understand technical information, interpret engineering drawings, and develop procedural information for technical documentation.
• MUST be able to follow established processes and procedures in the preparation of draft material for internal review, review boards, and final delivery.
• MUST be able to support the preparation of reports and presentations for staff and customer meetings.
• MUST be experienced in the use of MS Teams.
• Have the ability to travel ( • Knowledge of Government Printing Office (GPO) style guide.
• Knowledge of Beyond Compare and Ultra Edit software.
• Have the ability to multitask on more than one project at a time.
• Have the ability to work with a group or independently, and able to complete assigned tasks within the required deadlines.
• Have familiarity with JIRA navigation and tool use.
Salary Range: $71,400 - $107,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs