Northrop Grumman Principal Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's IBCS Systems Analysis Team within the Systems Engineering Integrated Product Team.
The team performs the following major tasks:
• System performance analysis
• Pre-test analysis, test planning, test execution, and post-test analysis for developmental and operational test programs
• Evaluation of system functional and performance characteristics
• Production and maintenance of data processing and data analysis tools
Candidate should possess the ability to learn existing software architecture and organization. The individual will work with senior systems analysts to identify data and approaches for computing system performance metrics, and extend, develop, and support a suite of tools for performance and functional analysis. The successful candidate will deploy systems engineering and analysis skills to support evaluation of new system capabilities and existing system requirements.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• DOD security clearance
• 2+ years of systems analysis or software development experience
• Principal Systems Engineer requires 5 years with Bachelor of Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. Degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics.
• Demonstrated capability in Unix shell scripting and Python (Perl experience will be considered)
• Capability to read and comprehend C++ and Java
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Systems analysis experience
• Understanding of statistical analysis, distributions, and sampling
• Missile Defense experience
• Experience in development of U.S. Army Air and Missile Defense systems (e.g., IBCS, PATRIOT, MEADS)
• Detailed understanding of Track Management processes and behaviors
• Detailed understanding of Tactical Data Links (e.g., Link-16)
• Detailed understanding of Command and Control (C2) functions
• Detailed understanding of defense planning and task force laydowns
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering