Northrop Grumman Principal Engineer Software in Huntsville, Alabama
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is looking for a Principal Software Engineer. Some of the job duties include:
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs US IBCS / WISLA IBCS software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
• Design, develop, document, test and debug the US IBCS / WISLA IBCS Automated Test Equipment (ATE).
• Ensures all application software meets the US IBCS / WISLA IBCS coding standards and is produced using the WISLA Software Process and Procedures.
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the US IBCS / WISLA IBCS software. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
• Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
• Frequent inter-organizational contacts between the WISLA IBCS Application Software team and the US IBCS Software team, along with the WISLA IBCS Automated Test Equipment (ATE) team and the Application Software agile teams. Represents the WISLA IBCS Application Software IPT in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with changes in the baseline IBCS capabilities.
Bachelor's Degree in STEM field
5 years of related experience, 3 years of experience with a Master's Degree, OR 0 years of experience with a PhD
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering