Northrop Grumman Missile Defense Futures Lab (MDFL) Project Manager 2 in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Missile Defense Futures Lab (MDFL) Project Manager located in Huntsville, AL
The MDFL Project Manager responsibilities include day-to-day coordination, execution and scheduling of the Missile Defense Futures Lab
The overall responsibility for the lab will reside with the Lab Manager and will include all actions required to keep the lab running to be accredited:
Oversee the operation of the lab to support multiple customers in the Space Sector that will use the lab for government Request For Information (RFI), Broad Agency Announcements (BAA), Requests for Proposal (RFP) and customer demonstrations.
Operate the state-of-the art Audio/Visual equipment and networks (MDACnet, THOR, NGPCN, and Local isolated LAN) in the various rooms within the vision lab. This will include the Presentation Center, Command Center, TS/SCI space, SAP space and various collateral secret conference rooms.
Coordinate with the users of the MDFL in order to understand their needs and ensure that multiple users of the MDFL can be accommodated during simultaneous events.
Champion of the MDFL and will make sure that all the equipment is maintained/operational. Give recommendations to the Missile Defense Solutions (MDS) Business Unit leadership on upgrades and changes to the lab each year.
• 9 years of experience with a Bachelors' degree; 7 years of experience with a Masters' degree and 4 years with a PHD in a relevant field.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Experience in a Network, IT or Systems Engineering role with responsibilities in the planning, designing, implementation, testing, and delivery network solutions
• Strong organizational and managerial skills.
• Strong presentation development and verbal skills for purposes of developing presentations to be used in the MDFL.
• Strong knowledge of Network Engineering and IT practices, network and infrastructure technologies, system development life-cycles and methodologies, and insight into information technology infrastructure management/monitoring and applications
• Ability to work with Security and Information Technology (IT) personnel to develop plans and procedures to acquire and maintain accreditation of MDFL assets to include Servers, A/V equipment and networks with cognizant government approving officials.
• Ability to work with Security and Information Technology (IT) personnel to identify needed software applications for performing demonstrations in the MDFL and working to get approval for the applications to run on the networks in the MDFL.
Job Category : Program Management