Northrop Grumman Military Trainer 2/3 - Air Defense Artillery in Huntsville, Alabama
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Training Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse professionals located in Huntsville, AL. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Integrated Air and Missile
Defense (IAMD) Battle Command System (IBCS) Military Training Team. IBCS provides Command/Control and Integrated Fire Control capabilities for a distributed Air and Missile Defense Enterprise.
The primary responsibilities involve conducting New Equipment Training (NET) prior to tests, logistics demonstrations, and initial equipment fielding to military units and the Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) schools personnel. Training will be conducted at diverse locations world-wide. Ability to travel for extended periods required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Supports training material developers and writers. Must have specialized expertise in planning and executing all phases of military training exercises, including doctrinal development, embedded training scenario development, practical exercise development, test question development and after action review and analysis
Conducts on-site training consisting of lectures, and practical exercises in accordance with approved programs of instruction using lesson plans, electronic technical manuals and interactive electronic technical manuals, student guides,
handouts, practical exercise worksheets, and both written and hands-on evaluations
- Writes and files detailed reports that summarize training event conduct and report metrics such as student enrollment, student demographics, student attendance, student pass/fail percentages, suggested improvements to the course
materials, training aids, etc
Performs preventive maintenance checks and services on government furnished equipment in accordance with approved technical manual procedures
Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by management
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
BQs for a Military Trainer 2 are:
BS degree and 3 years of applicable experience or MS Degree and 1 years applicable year of experience. Four additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a college degree.
BQs for a Military Trainer 3 are:
BS degree and 6 years of applicable experience or MS Degree and 4 years applicable year of experience. Four additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a college degree.
• Experience operating/maintaining ADA systems
• Knowledge of military operations, procedures, and training activities
• Experience with military academic instruction at the individual and collective levels
• Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Current active Department of Defense Secret security clearance
• Military Veteran with service as an Air Defense Artillery (ADA) Non Commissioned Officer, Warrant, or Officer
• Certified Military Instructor/Writer
• Successful completion of an assignment at the US Army ADA Center and School serving in a training related role
• Five or more years of experience operating/maintaining ADA systems; deployed experience is a plus
• Experience working with embedded training systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support