Northrop Grumman GMD Staff Systems Engineer - Requirements Lead in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. In this position, you will be the technical lead for the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Systems Requirements team in support of the Missile Defense Agency and is located in Huntsville, Alabama.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. Enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. Treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. Able to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. Develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. Deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. Ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. Demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. Create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
In this role, you will:
• Lead the Systems Requirements and Verification team in developing, documenting, verifying and validating GMD missile system and subsystem requirements to develop, upgrade and sustain the GMD system
• Be the primary industry-team lead as GMD Systems Requirements working group co-chair with the MDA customer
• Work as part of the integrated NG/Boeing systems engineering team in conjunction with the MDA's systems engineering team
• Provide technical leadership in the performance of systems analysis, requirements analysis, functional analysis and allocation, interface definition, requirements verification and validation activities related to system design
• Define, document and analyze proposed missile system configurations, specifying test and operational systems component viability
• Be responsible for assigned projects, preparing reports, and briefing leadership
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, including critical thinking and technical problem solving skills
• Ensure the logical and systematic impacts of changes against the total system solution are understood and addressed
• Assess changes against test and operational requirements, with emphasis on technical, schedule, and cost impacts
• Apply systems understanding in support of program reviews (SRRs, PDRs, CDRs)
• 14 Years with Bachelors in Science with a STEM major; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
• Experience in systems engineering, requirements and product development processes and application to weapon or space systems.
• Experience in complex weapon or space system requirements verification and validation.
• Current DoD Secret clearance
• Experience working effectively across organizational and program boundaries
• Demonstrated ability to develop and brief executives
• Master Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
• Current DoD Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering