Northrop Grumman GMD Engineering Manager 3 in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career that puts innovative products and ideas into orbit - and beyond. Northrop Grumman has excellent opportunities for you to play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Engineering Manager 3 to serve as Program Engineering Lead and Department Manager for the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) team located in Huntsville, AL.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• All disciplines and phases of engineering for the GMD engineering team.
• Manage an organization of 400+ employees with oversight of multiple department managers and sites.
• Be responsible for daily communication, performance assessment, development, and recognition of direct reports and subordinate departments.
• Develop diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement; including mentoring and coaching.
• Work closely with GMD program leadership to ensure successful planning, execution, and continual improvement of the engineering function.
• Supporting new business acquisition and proposal development.
• Assist the AL Regional Engineering Director with technology initiatives, employee engagement, staffing projections, and support of new business acquisition.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
• 10+ years of experience in any combination of engineering disciplines accompanied by high proficiency in technical problem solving
• Active DoD Secret security clearance
• Must have proven technical and personnel management experience through program IPT, R&D, or functional environments
• Working knowledge of Staffing, Engineering Metrics and Training resources, processes, and tools
• Master of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
• Knowledge and experience with the Missile Defense domain
• Experience effectively leading diverse technical teams across multiple locations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering