Northrop Grumman GBSD Senior Principal Electrical Test Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Electrical Test Engineer to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be permanently located in Huntsville, AL with some travel to El Segundo, California and Roy, Utah. Travel is expected up to 25% of the time.
Post Boost Attitude Control Module (PBACM) Test & Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to support the development, integration and testing of complex electronic test systems and electronic hardware units in support of Air Vehicle Element (AVE) HWIL and Enhanced Ground Test (EGT) test environments.
This individual would act as one of the responsible test engineers of EGSE development for the PBACM Test area. Moreover, as the PBACM electrical test engineer, conduct and support the electrical testing of the guidance, navigation & control and propulsion subsystems within the PBACM at the element level through Launch Operations.
• Electrical H/W development responsibilities include: architecture design, detailed design, hardware test, site integration, and post-delivery support.
• Primary deliverables are flight electronics test systems, operational ground based hardware, and test support documentation.
• Support the design, develop, and implement testing methods and test equipment with the GN&C test group.
• Plan and coordinate electrical tech labor, schedules, and test equipment required for testing and evaluating PBACM flight H/W.
• Compile data and define changes required in test equipment, test procedures, or new test requirements.
• Test planning, writing test plans and specs, writing test procedures, execution, reporting, and integration support.
• Perform data analysis against test requirements and interfaces for each software build or hardware component
• Interface with software developers and systems engineers in support of test set design and PBACM verification
• Prepare detailed test reports and support formal verification of the PBACM system
• Provide support to product integration, regression, and verification testing including checkout for system test labs (as needed).
• Participating in technical exchange meetings, interfacing with customers (internal/external), performing briefings/reviews and contributing to a broad range of program deliverables.
• The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• 5 years of relevant test engineering experience with Bachelors; 3 Years relevant test experience with Masters or Phd.
• Knowledge of electronic test system (test set) design, development, test, and post-delivery support for spacecraft and/or launch vehicle testing
• Some basic knowledge of detailed digital, RF, or analog analysis at the component level, functional simulation & test vector creation, development, test & integration, electronic unit design, and performance analysis for critical digital H/W and/or RF signals.
• Possess an active DoD Secret Clearance with PAR
• Experience using common test and measurement equipment
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Technical experience in network, computer hardware and software, interconnection and interfacing technologies
• Experience writing test H/W design requirements specifications, integrated test plans, test procedures, and test reports
• Some experience in performing the EGSE design process (includes reqmts gathering, design reviews, ICDs, drawings)
• Software and/or Hardware testing experience working in an integration high bay and/or test lab environment
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot anomalous hardware and software
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
• Works well in a collaborative design environment
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Direct experience using the NX and/or CATIA V5, MathCAD, MATLAB, DOORS, CAMEO, and CPLM
• Knowledge and experience in launch operations and space vehicle processing and testing at the launch site
• Knowledge and experience with 6DOF and hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL)
• Knowledge and experience with space guidance, navigation and control systems
• Knowledge and experience with unit and system level environmental testing (EMI/EMC, thermal vac/cycle, vib, shock, etc)
• Experience with data collection/instrumentation methods and post-processing of data.
• Master's degree in electrical engineering (or equiv)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering