Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal Manufacturing Engineer for Propulsion Hardware in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Manufacturing Engineer for Propulsion Hardware to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be permanently located in Huntsville, Alabama and will Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program.. Required travel will be 50% first three months, 25% thereafter. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What you'll get to do:
The selected candidate will provide guidance to propulsion engineering regarding design concepts to ensure the best manufacturing technique is being used to meet the Engineering design for the Post boost propulsion system (PBPS).
• Create manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for composite parts, assemblies, processing, machining and material handling for PBPS.
• Component and propulsion system manufacturing and test
• Specifies tools and equipment and other functions to support propulsion manufacturing processes.
• Provides guidance to design engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
• Provides technical support to Operations during the fabrication and assembly of products.
• Applying research to the design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
• Supporting manufacturing, testing, flight operations as well as authoring procedures and other engineering instructions for manufacturing use or customer use.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Job Category : Engineering