Northrop Grumman GBSD PBACM Chief Engineer - Mgr Engineering 3 in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for the PBACM Chief Engineer to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be permanently located in Roy. The candidate will act as the definitive technical authority for all aspects of engineering related to the GBSD PBACM.
• Position will be the definitive technical authority for all aspects of engineering on all program elements (hardware/software/support/test) and leads a multi-disciplined engineering team managing the technical performance of the program meeting cost and schedule requirements including subcontracted elements.
• Coordinates requirements development, hardware/software design, verification, and validation activities.
• Ensures that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment of products for our customers and is compliance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards.
• Maintains cognizance over technical activities within program IPTs and ensures horizontal integration of the best engineering practices across the company.
• Continually coordinates with the systems engineering and program integration team (PIT) leader to ensure the execution of program statement of work and baselines and serves as the technical point of contact with the customer.
• The Comms Chief Engineer is expected to work collaboratively and with influence to gain commitment and performance from all organizations including the PBACM Segment and Program customers, Business Operations and Contracts, System Design, Integration and Test as needed to drive required business outcomes.
• The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, planning and communication skills and possess extensive command and control design and analysis skills.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Education and Experience: Bachelors of Science with 8 years of experience
• 3 or more years of experience leading a technical team of employees to successful product development and delivery.
• Active Secret Clearance.
• Technical breadth in the Requirements Allocation, Configuration Management, Command & Control Design, Network Analysis, Subsystems Design and a broad knowledge of end-to-end program lifecycle.
• Prefer 20+ years of experience and 10 or more years of experience in leading a technical team of employees to successful product development and delivery
• Must possess excellent leadership, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
• Strong partnership/collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to partner cross-IPT/cross-discipline within a team
• Strong program technical leadership skills
• Strong program execution skills; Demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones.
• Ability to integrate, engage, and lead team to perform at top level of performance.
• Ability to leverage experience/background to bring alternative ideas/solutions to the team
• Master's Degree
• Active Top Secret Clearance w/Special Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering