Northrop Grumman GBSD- Human Factor Engineer- Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe.
With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Human Factors Engineer (HFE)- Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will be part of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program (Minuteman III ICBM replacement) development contract. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The selected candidate will join the system integration team and be part of the team ensuring the evolving system hardware and software systems are properly designed and operable by US military operators and maintenance crews.
Job responsibilities include design documentation including interface specifications; hardware and software interface design/development support; analyses and collaboration to facilitate equipment selection, design and arrangement; user group collaboration and working groups; compliance with specified sections of MIL-STD-1472G; collaboration across IPTs; and coordination with the customer and user community.
• Author/support the development of requirements that are compliant with Human Factors best practices and specified sections of MIL-STD-1472G
• Human Factors Analyses (including, but not limited to: task analyses, predictive workload analyses, interface prototyping and analysis, and design-for-maintainability (DFM) analysis)
• Architecture, CONOPS, and use-case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Prepare, coordinate and conduct both predictive and empirical workload analyses as well as usability assessments
• Conduct computer-based (NX) and empirical accessibility assessments
• Author/support the program documentation of the HFE processes and products in a format consistent with US Military Data Item Descriptions (e.g. Human Engineering Program Plan, Human Engineering Design Approach Document - Operator, Human Engineering Design Approach Document - Maintainer, Human Engineering Test Plan, Human Engineering Test Report, et. al)
• Cross-IPT Collaboration
• Design and develop workstation geometry and layout controls and displays to accommodate full anthropometric range of expected users.
Human Factors (HF) specializations include software (UX, human computer interaction), hardware (human factors, anthropometry), HF computer modeling (NX/Jack, IMPRINT), or design for maintainability (prior experience as a maintainer or experience working in the area).
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Job Category : Engineering