Northrop Grumman GBSD - Engineer Systems Architect in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Architect Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team. This position is located in Huntsville, AL and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
The qualified applicant will become part of a team responsible for the development, production and deployment of Launch Equipment hardware and systems for each weapon system facility. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other engineers.
This includes the following duties, responsibilities:
• Designs and develops system architectures, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements.
• Defines design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications.
• Develops thorough definition of system external interfaces.
• Defines system implementation approach and operational concept.
• Ensures requirements are met and evaluates performance with the customer.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 14 years of relevant experience; 12 years with Master Degree; 9 years with PhD
• Active DoD Secret security clearance with an investigation date within the last 6 years
• Program Product Owner experience
• Current Program Clearance and Access
• Active Top Secret Clearance with an investigation date within the last 6 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering