Northrop Grumman Field/ Principal Field Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman, Defense Systems is looking for Field Engineers, to support the SHORAD Integration Department of the C4 Missile Defense business unit in leading our efforts supporting Counter - UAS communications engineering efforts.
The primary objective will be supporting the warfighter at forward locations OCONUS installing, troubleshooting and maintaining C-UAS systems.
Basic Qualifications: This position can be filled at a level 2 or a level 3
• For a level 2: 2 years of experience with Bachelor's degree or 0 years with Masters. Additional 4 years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• For a level 3: 5 Years of experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. 4 Years additional experience will be considered in lieu of a college degree.
• Must have an active Secret Clearance.
• Familiarity with Counter-Rocket, Artillery and Mortar (C-RAM) System of Systems, Forward Area Air Defense (FAAD) Command and similar Command and Control (C2) Systems and Air Missile Defense WorkStation (AMDWS)
• Verifiable C2 systems experience troubleshooting hardware/ software.
• Unix/Linux experience, familiarity with command line
• Ability to synchronize multiple schedules to include production, procurement, transportation and installation.
• Strong knowledge of military culture, operations and procedures.
• Technically proficient in forms of military communication and thorough understanding of electronics systems.
• Familiarity with components of C-RAM and how they interrelate
• Willing to deploy into combat zone alongside military customer and perform requirements of position.
• This position is contingent upon your ability to successfully pass all requirements at Conus Relocation Center (CRC) prior to deploying overseas.
• Able to qualify for business travel credit card
• This position will require you to be deployed 75% of the time.
• Prior Military experience as Senior NCO or mid-grade to senior field grade Officer in MOS 14, 25 Series.
• Prior military deployment experience.
• Networking and installation experience.
• Unix/Linux experience familiarity with command line
• Ability to interface with NG corporate and US Government DOD customer senior staff
• Must be able to work well in teams and independently.
• Strong management, supervisory, and leadership experience with effective communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering