Northrop Grumman Engineer Network II or III in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you will discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems is seeking a Network Engineer/Principal Network Engineer located in Huntsville, AL.
Responsibilities include all aspects of the product design, development, integration, test and implementation through the Product life cycle for incorporating changes identified by Program personnel. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new or upgraded Product capabilities, systems design, COTS/GOTS integration, and procedures needed to meet and mitigate requirements changes. Additionally, the candidate is expected to be able to resolve technically challenging issues and proactively contribute to the evolution of the Product.Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Design, develop, configure, integrate, install and test network systems primarily consisting of Cisco, UNIX, Linux and Windows based LAN/WANs
• Derive system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and project objectives
• Develop detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans
• Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation and delivery to the Customer/Operator
• Develop and maintain documentation supporting the Product through development, integration, deployment and delivery to the customer/operator
• Work within and across teams to support and coordinate daily integration activities
• Create and update Visio drawings of network and rack elevation diagrams
• Execute root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve complex network system issues
• Support UNIX, Linux and Windows based networked systems
• Work with vendor support for hardware issues
• Interface with DISA
• Approximately 10% travel will be required for this position including supporting product installation and checkout at operational and test locations
This position may be filled at either a Network Engineer or Principal Network Engineer level.
• Network Engineer: requires 2 years' experience with Bachelors; 0 Years with Masters; 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
• Principal Network Engineer: requires 5 years' experience with Bachelors; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD; 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
• US Citizenship required and must be able to obtain and maintain Department of Defense Active Secret Security Clearance.
• Hands-on experience with TCP/IP networks (copper and fiber)
• Hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
• Hands-on experience with network evaluation and troubleshooting
• MDA experience
• GMD experience
• Hold or be able to obtain a current industry recognized certification such as CCNA.
• Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher within two (2) months of starting (GSEC, GICSP, SCCP, Security+ CE or CCNA-Security) (reference: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx for list of qualified certifications)
• Active Secret clearance
• Experience with network design, virtual environments and cyber systems design
• SCRUM and AGILE environments highly desired
• Experience with cross-platform applications on various OSs
• Agile and Scrum methodology, understanding of development release cycle and operations, Source Control and Version tools
• Hold a current industry recognized certification such as CCNP, CCIE or JNCIE
• DISA, local and long-haul circuit vendors
• MILSAT/COMSAT systems
• Network design, virtual environments and cyber systems design is preferred
• Communicating / coordinating highly technical requirements with team members is a priority due to competing priorities and demanding deadlines
• Experience with vigorous change management environment and the ability to document and test all changes prior to implementation
• Performing technical, operational, and security risk analysis for new changes and technologies and the ability to articulate risks in a succinct manor
• Experience with all layers of the OSI Model and configuration of networks with routing protocols, packet captures, ACLs, firewalls and security
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology