Northrop Grumman Consulting Systems Architect - MDWS Technical Lead in Huntsville, Alabama
.Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems is seeking a Consulting Systems Architect - MDWS Technical Lead to join our Space Sector located in Huntsville, AL.
As a Senior Technical Leader, you will demonstrate a broad skill set balanced between interpersonal and technical capabilities. He/she will have the ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the Business Unit areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and developing solutions for small to large- scale programs.
The Technical Lead will work closely with other team members to accomplish the following:
• Support Missile Defense Weapon Systems OU Director in driving vision for OU.
• Establish roadmaps and plans for technology advancements that drive the business.
• Complete work independently and as a part of a team.
• Interact with technical leadership to set course for future planning.
• Frequently innovate to solve complex problems systemic across projects/disciplines.
• Act as the customer/supplier focal point.
• Interact with multiple programs to provide consistent processes/results for the portfolio.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline and at least 20 years of experience; or MS and 18 years; or PhD and 15 years.
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with large technical teams.
• Proven collaboration in a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
• Extensive development experience with software systems.
• Demonstrate adherence to applicable development processes.
• Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
• U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
• Experience of the Missile Defense and sense/warn systems.
• Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs.
• Use of development environments and configuration management.
• Proven communications skills with armed services & government customers
• Current Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering