Northrop Grumman Consulting Engineer Systems NTE Program in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Consulting Systems Engineer focused in the area of Requirements Integration. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL and will support the National Team program. The National Team provides timely, relevant BMD System level products that are critical to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and brings depth of "Reachback" ensuring affordable and effective Warfighter capabilities. It is a consortium of 5 major contractors working as one team providing forward thinking, industry subject matter expertise for the MDA.
Work within a small focused team dedicated to ensuring functional, performance and specialty-engineering requirements for the Missile Defense Agency's (MDA) mission area are integrated appropriately at the System and Element level.
Use broad knowledge of MDA operational systems and system engineering processes to coordinate with MDA stakeholders to maintain requirements traceability, supports the Team Lead with trace activity programmatic schedule and status reporting, activity planning and management, inter-Team and inter-IPT coordination, and acts as a Team Lead substitute if required for National Team and Government customer interaction.
Document analysis results in reports and briefings for critique and review by SC&R and National Team stakeholders.
Operate within a digital engineering (DOORS / model based systems engineering (MBSE) environment using existing tools and customized automation to analyze requirements linkages.
Develop courses of action to resolve inconsistencies and disconnects
Develop and maintain close coordination with a wide range of MDA stakeholders to synchronize system intent with future system design, develops, reviews technical documentation, creates and presents detailed trace analysis products and briefings within the team and to Missile Defense Agency (MDA) stakeholders.
• 20 Years with Bachelors in Science in an engineering classification, mathematics or physics; 18 Years with Masters; 15 Years with PhD
• Active Secret Clearance (within last 5.5 years), Top Secret Preferred
• Experience working on MDA-related engineering projects for at least eight of the last 10 years.
• Strong MS Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint) skills.
• Extensive technical background in one or more aspects of digital engineering (e.g., use of DOORS, use of architecture tools such as "System Architect," "Rhapsody," or "Magic Draw,").
• Significant knowledge of one-or-more MDA-related systems in the areas of EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, kill vehicles, missiles/interceptors, or command and control (e.g., C3I, C4I).
• Working knowledge of MDA requirements development processes and documentation.
• Ability to think critically, utilize multi relational databases and capture concepts in papers, presentations, and discussions.
• Good communication skills and experience leading small projects.
• Capable of working both independently and within a complex team environment.
• Proficiency with either MATLAB or Mathematica
• Working knowledge of VBA scripting.
• Significant prior experience with use of DOORS.
• Experience managing requirements large, complex systems.
• Experience managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively work and coordinate within a geographically dispersed team.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering