Northrop Grumman Computer Systems Architect 3 in Huntsville, Alabama
Computer Systems Architect 3
Requisition ID: 18009667
Location(s): United States-Alabama-Huntsville
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Computer Systems Architect 3 to join our Engineering Infrastructure team in Huntsville, AL., to support the development of products related to Northrop Grumman’s Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Development and Sustainment Contract (DSC). The candidate will be required to function as a Computer Systems Architect and also a Cyber Analyst due to the nature of the environment.
• Configure, administer, and maintain multiple Redhat Linux and Solaris servers/workstations.
• Perform patch updates and configuration updates to all systems.
• Implement RMF controls on Redhat and Solaris systems.
• Work with the infrastructure team to establish monitoring, backups, and logging procedures for all environments.
• Experience with UNIX and Linux systems administration.
• Ability to develop work instructions and procedures for configuring and maintaining all systems.
• Conform to a dynamic environment and provide fast response to unexpected problems and be proactive with solutions.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Bachelors Degree with 5 years of related experience; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Active/Current DoD Secret Clearance.
Experience with Redhat systems administration.
Prior work experience in a secure IT or Engineering environment.
Current 8570 Certifications (CISSP, CompTIA Security , reference: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx for list of qualified certifications)
Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through.
Ability to work both independently as a self-starter and with a team in a fast paced environment.
Travel will be around 25% to the fielded locations in Alaska and California.
UNIX and Linux vendor certifications
Previous experience as an computer systems analyst or systems administrator
RMF implementation experience
Experience with the Ground Based Midcourse Defense program
Experience with installing and configuring Linux and Unix systems
Documentation skills to create work instructions or procedures
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Computer Systems Architect 3
Requisition ID: 18009667