Northrop Grumman Computer/ Principal System Security Analyst for NGI in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
What You'll Get To Do:
Northrop Grumman is designing, producing, and sustaining the next generation of ballistic missile interceptors as part of the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) solution. A Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) is necessary to deliver timely, reliable, and effective defense for the United States in the face of ever evolving and ever increasing threats to our nation. Northrop Grumman's fully integrated Interceptor program leverages broad Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) expertise and twenty-plus years of operational GMD GBI Homeland Defense experience. Our NGI solution incorporates low risk, next generation technologies and tailors modern practices within traditional execution to incrementally optimize engineering, manufacturing, and mission performance. Come join Northrop Grumman in this exciting new venture!
Space Systems Sector is seeking a Computer/ Principal System Security Analyst located in Huntsville, AL to support the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) program.
Your responsibilities Include:
• Designing, testing and implementing state of the art secure operating systems, networks, and database products
• Conducting risk assessments and providing recommendations for application design
• Contributing to the development of program control processes, system security plans, and additional security requirements and safeguards in accordance with company and government standards
• Participating in the resolution of a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
• Supporting penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies
• Preparing security reports to regulatory agencies
• Participating in capability assessment evaluations
• Performing adjudication of non-compliance issues
• Contributing to the development of Program Protection Plans
This position may be filled at either Computer System Security Analyst/ Principal Computer System Security Analyst level
• Computer System Security Analyst : 2 years with Bachelor in Science; 0 Years with Masters
• Principal Computer System Security Analyst : 5 years with Bachelor in Science,; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Individual must have a current, active Secret security clearance.
• Experience in maintaining physical and environmental protection, personnel security and incident handling
• Experience in conducting technical and non-technical security audits
• Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 IAM Level II certification (e.g. CISSP, CAP, CISM, GSLC) within 6 months of employment.
• Experience in the administration of Windows 7, Windows 10 and Linux (RHEL 7X preferred)
• Working knowledge of NIST/DoD RMF processes (NIST 800-37, 800-53, 800-171, and the CNSS 1253)
• Must be able to travel (approximately 10%)
• Direct experience and knowledge of Program Protection Plans (PPP) and Program Protection Implementation Plans (PPIP)
• Direct experience with the following standards/guidelines: DoDI 5200.48, DoDI 5200.44, DoDI 5200.39, DoDI 8510.01, NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-171, NIST SP 800-161
• Direct experience conducting Critical Program Information (CPI) assessments, Criticality Analyses, Anti-Tamper, FMECA, and STPA
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology