At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Advanced Programs Project Manager - 11377. This position will be located in Huntsville, Alabama and will support the Advanced Programs.
As a key member of Advanced Programs, the Sr. Principal Information Systems Project Manager:
• Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between program management and planning, project teams, and line management.
• Represents the program requirements to solution architects and support solutions architecting process.
• Ensures projects are completed on schedule, within budget and meets technical requirements of the assignment.
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Prepares project execution plan and identifies appropriate technical and business resources needed for the team.
• Will have knowledge or ability to gain the technical understanding of software/hardware applications and their integration and implementation.
• Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and customers.
• Regularly briefing senior leadership on project progress
• Oversees and manages the technical needs of the program and serves as a liaison between the C4LI organization and the customer(s).
• Leads and directs one or more project teams engaged in the design, implementation and modification of IRADs that span across functional organizations.
• Demonstrates knowledge and best practices for maturing technologies and processes used throughout the company.
• Communicate technology details in a non-technical manner to program executive leadership and customer(s).
• Ability to successfully work on and deliver multiple projects simultaneously either independently or within a small team.
The selected candidate will possess good interpersonal, communications and leadership skills and must be able to clearly articulate analysis results to colleagues, management, and customers. This candidate must integrate easily into a close-knit team environment.
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
• Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
• The Project Manager will have knowledge or ability to gain the technical understanding of software/hardware applications and their integration and implementation.
• The Project Manager is responsible for streamlining the execution of program priorities while maintaining the technical and conceptual integrity of the program infrastructure.
• Excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to coordinating and standing up the program
• Experience leading large, classified program application and infrastructure projects.
• Problem Solving
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Work is performed under direction as appropriate. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
• Guides the successful completion of product development and execution teams and may function in a project leadership role, at times.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
09 Years with Bachelors in in relevant field of study; 07 Years with Masters; 04 Years with PhD or 4 additional years in lieu of a degree.
Active DoD Top Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 6 years.
US Citizenship and ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP)
Technical experience with concentration in technical project management and operations of systems and technologies.
Strong communication skills and abilities to work with teams of various disciplines.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering, or related field.
Prior experience supporting large, classified environments, and meeting government and security requirements.
Technical experience with concentration in hardware/software applications, technical project management, systems development, integration, implementation, operations of systems and technologies, software procurement and deployment.
Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Candidates must have ability to provide total system perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components for a project.
Qualified candidates must possess a demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing environment
Salary Range: $117,900 - $176,900
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.