Northrop Grumman Systems Administrator in Nationwide Opportunities,
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is looking for Systems Administrators for one of it's programs.
Role & Responsibilities: In this role, you will:
Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
Interact with users and evaluates vendor products.
Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
Ancillary duties may include: setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
Ability to operate under supervision.
Execute day to day management and operations of systems and networks.
Manage COTS & GOTS products to collect, display and remediate a variety of automated system security and system operations/performance functions and metrics.
Follow Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists.
Operate monitoring tools/capabilities with the enterprise security information and event management (SIEM) and create/tailor complex event alarms/rules and summary reports.
Assist in analyzing technical risk, upon request, of emerging cybersecurity tools and processes.
Work as part of a security incident response team as needed.
Working technical competency in one or more of the following supported platforms: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, MS Hyper-V/VMWare/ESx/Xen Hypervisors, Enterprise networking/firewalls/intrusion detection/prevention systems, forensic analysis/vulnerability assessment, Group Policy management andconfiguration, Scripting, BMC Footprints, WSUS, , Lumension, Bitlocker, SQL Server 2012, TomCat, IIS, Windows Server 2012r2/2016, Win 10, Red Hat 6.5, Microsoft Office; Toolkits, SEIMs, Logrhythm, ACAS/Nessus/SCAP, mandatory/role-based access control concepts (e.g. SE Linux extensions to RHEL, PitBull, AppArmor, and Sentris) , video teleconferencing/VOIP, Oracle/MS SQL database security, and Apache/IIS Web server security
• 1 -3 years related experience
• Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years)
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level I within 6 months of the date of hire
• U.S. citizenship and a current, Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange Server, and as needed RHEL operating systems administration and associated hardware
• Working knowledge of CISCO network and switching and virtualization technologies
• Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration
• Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to assessments and authorization
• Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL2 network environments/systems
• Familiar with DoD policy as it applies to implementing and executing system and network administration
Salary Minimum: $67,520
Salary Maximum: $101,280
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology