Northrop Grumman A&P Aircraft Mechanic Level 2 (United Arab Emirates) in International Posting,
Northrop Grumman Technical Services is seeking a certificated Airframe and Powerplant Technician for our Afghanistan location. The candidate will be responsible for the following: Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains all aircraft systems. Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions. Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of all aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations Maintains FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms.
· Execute line-maintenance/flight operations support for BACN E-11A(Global express) overseas deployed aircraft including all electrical & mechanical troubleshooting, fault isolation & repair, parts replacement, line repairable unit (LRU) replacement, calibration tasks, testing, engine repairs and/or replacements & proper documentation in aircraft forms (Air Force Form 781 series).
· Conduct maintenance of aircraft on line with USAF ground maintenance procedures & in compliance with associated airworthiness approvals.
· Conduct Tier 2 maintenance (in depth maintenance, repairs, etc.) & Tier 3 maintenance (modifications & depot level or major maintenance) at operational OCONUS site(s).
· Conduct progressive maintenance & inspections on aircraft at remote OCONUS locations to minimize aircraft downtime for longer term maintenance requirements.
· Service aircraft, perform end-of-runway, postflight, preflight, thru-flight, & phase inspections. Advise on problems maintaining, servicing, & inspecting aircraft & related aerospace equipment. Use technical data to diagnose & solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems.
· Interpret & advise on maintenance procedures & policies to repair aircraft & related equipment. Troubleshoot & maintain aircraft structures, systems, components, & related equipment. Remove & install aircraft components conducting functional tests of repaired components & systems.
· Adjust, align & rig aircraft systems.
· Supervise & perform aircraft jacking, lifting & towing operations.
· Inspect aircraft structures, systems, components & related systems.
· Supervise & perform aircraft & component inspections Interpret inspection findings & determines adequacy of corrective actions.
· Inspect & check components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation & operation.
· Inspect & operate powered & non-powered aerospace ground equipment.
· Inspect & identify aircraft corrosion for prevention & repair.
· Review maintenance forms, aircraft records, automated maintenance data systems & historical reports to ensure complete documentation.
· Inventory & maintain aircraft equipment.
· Assist other functional team members with any associated aircraft maintenance actions to ensure mission success.
2 years with a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years in lieu of degree
Must have a FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate to be considered.
Current DoD SECRET Clearance with at least one year from expiring.
Possession of a US Passport or ability to quickly obtain US Passport.
Business or Regional Jet experience (Global Express, XRS, Global 6000, CRJ, G-5, G-4, Challenger, etc.)
Connector repair, wire harness manufacture, and in-depth electronic and electrical troubleshooting experience.
Loading of aircraft software.
Adept at using electronic and electrical troubleshooting tools beyond the use of a simple meter.
Experienced in Altimeter/Transponder checks utilizing Pitot/Static and Transponder test equipment.
RVSM Certified and understands FAA RVSM guidelines and aircraft RVSM certification.
Experienced in flight control and landing gear rigging and operational checks.
Engine run qualified and APU run qualified.
Experience in moving and jacking aircraft.
Operating ground support equipment.
Experienced in the removal and replacement of engines and engine fan disks.
Experience in repairs of composite materials.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Flight Operations