Northrop Grumman Aircraft Shift Lead (United Arab Emirates) in International Posting,
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Technical Services is seeking an Aircraft Maintenance Shift Lead at our United Arab Emirates location. The candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Troubleshoots, repairs and services aircraft and engine systems. Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions.
• Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations.
• Maintains FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms.
• Responsible for the management and execution of all maintenance on assigned USAF E-11A aircraft.
• Execute line-maintenance/flight operations support for multiple USAF E-11A overseas deployed aircraft including all electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair, parts replacement, line repairable unit (LRU) replacement, calibration tasks, testing, engine repairs and/or replacements and proper documentation in aircraft forms (Air Force Form 781 series).
• Conduct maintenance of aircraft in line with USAF ground maintenance procedures and in compliance with associated Airworthiness approvals.
• Conduct Tier 2 maintenance (in depth maintenance, repairs, etc.) and Tier 3 maintenance (modifications and depot level or major maintenance) at operational OCONUS site(s).
• Conduct progressive maintenance and inspections on aircraft at remote OCONUS locations to minimize aircraft downtime for longer term maintenance requirements.
• Service aircraft, perform end-of-runway, postflight, preflight, thru-flight, and phase inspections.
• Advise on problems maintaining, servicing, and inspecting aircraft and related aerospace equipment.
• Use technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems.
• Interpret and advise on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment.
• Troubleshoot and maintain aircraft structures, systems, components, and related equipment.
• Remove and install aircraft components conducting functional tests of repaired components and systems.
• Adjust, align and rig aircraft systems.
• Supervise and perform aircraft jacking, lifting and towing operations.
• Inspect aircraft structures, systems, components and related systems.
• Supervise and perform aircraft and component inspections.
• Interpret inspection findings and determines adequacy of corrective actions.
• Inspect and check components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation and operation.
• Inspect and operate powered and non-powered aerospace ground equipment.
• Inspect and identify aircraft corrosion for prevention and repair.
• Review maintenance forms, aircraft records, automated maintenance data systems and historical reports to ensure complete documentation.
• Inventory and maintain aircraft equipment.
• Accomplish maintenance and troubleshooting of ground support equipment.
• Assist other aircraft leads and functional team members with any associated aircraft maintenance actions and other duties as assigned by the Site Maintenance Manager as necessary to ensure mission success.
• Bachelor's Degree with 5 years experience OR High School diploma with 9 years experience.
• Current Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
• Current US Passport.
• Must have ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET Security Clearance.
• Ability to obtain a Citibank corporate MasterCard credit card.
• Ability to pass a pre-deployment physical and then once hired, a yearly physical.
• 10 or more years BD-700 Global Express or USAF E-11A aircraft experience.
• Current DoD SECRET Clearance with at least one year from expiring.
• Business or Regional Jet experience a plus (CRJ, G-5, G-4, Challenger, Falcon, etc.).
• 5+ years Aircraft Maintenance operations experience in business and/or airline aircraft industry.
• 2 years' experience as deployed E-11A mechanic.
• Special Mission aircraft experience.
• DoD/civilian maintenance program experience.
• Corridor and CAMP Aviation Maintenance Program software experience.
• Civilian/military Customer Response Center/Cell experience.
• Previous experience in FAR Part 135/145 or MRO environment preferred.
• Proficient in computer operations and Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support