Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer in Gilbert, Arizona
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
• Develops Test Procedures and Performs Functional Testing on Satellites and Electronic Hardware.
• Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Broad understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards.
• Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
• Problem Solving/Innovation - With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for more complex problems.
Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
• Liaison - Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a positive manner.
• Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external customer service.
Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
• Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate components and systems.
• Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation.
• Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Evaluate, with supervision, uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and designs.
• Analysis and Design - Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs, components, or functional systems of company products.
• Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software tools.
Supports trade studies for component or system level designs.
• Participates in the creation of and manages changes to circuit, component, or system level design or analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
• Peer Review/Oversight - Provides formal peer review of simple engineering designs or analyses for less experienced engineers.
• Involvement in national or international engineering association.
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
Job Category : Engineering