Northrop Grumman Program Manager 3 - (Space/Satellite - ESPAStar Mission Manager) - Top Secret in Gilbert, Arizona
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman's Space Sector is looking for a Program Manager Level 2 to support the Tactical Space Systems Division, ESPAStar Product Line Organization. This program will require a broad understanding of U.S. Government aerospace products/systems and/or missions/operations as well as experience in leading project teams. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge and experience in at least one of the following: Spacecraft Design, Spacecraft/Component Integration and Test (I&T), Payload design and I&T, Launch Vehicle Integration, Space Mission Operations, or Space Ground Systems.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout).
Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
• Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
• Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
• Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
• Measuring and reporting program performance
• Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions
• Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
• Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
• Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
• Managing suppliers to meet program objectives
• Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
• Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
• Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
• Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
Bachelor's Degree and 10 years, or Master's and 8 years' experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries
• U.S. Citizen with a current or active Top Secret/SSBI security clearance and the ability to obtain SCI level access.
• 5 years of experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
• Issue & Problem Resolution: The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
• Planning, Scheduling & Earned Value: The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
• Technical Performance: The ability to establish and apply a technical performance baseline to monitor and compare key program technical performance measures, assess program and product status, and take appropriate action to maintain conformance with the baseline.
• Current or active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Broad understanding of U.S. Government aerospace products/systems and/or missions/operations as well as experience in leading project teams.
• Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: Spacecraft Design, Spacecraft/Component Integration and Test (I&T), Payload design and I&T, Launch Vehicle Integration, Space Mission Operations, or Space Ground Systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management