Northrop Grumman Production Planning and Scheduler in Gilbert, Arizona
Tactical Planner will pull, issue, and move material as necessary to fill off nominal requests to Work orders.Tactical Planner prepares shop work orders for materials and product processing and coordinates with schedulers to ensure that items are being processed according to specifications and time requirements. Maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records. Maintains tactical movement of product as it completes front and back end processes clear through final inspection and certification of product.
• Use material requirement lists to support program schedule and production activities in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) or equivalent.
• Assist in determining material requirements to support the program manufacturing schedule. In addition, the Tactical Planner will coordinate the transfer of parts to fill Work Orders and supply the necessary documentation to inventory for the issue of parts and materials for build requirements.
• The Tactical Planner will also assist in the preparation the manufacturing build documentation (build packages) to support manufacturing production. The build documentation includes Work Authorization Forms (WAF's), Manufacturing Orders (MO's), operation sheets, routers, Work Instructions, and all necessary released design documentation required to manufacture the item.
• During build activities, the Tactical Planner will monitor production activities associated with the manufacture, inspection, and test of product. Also, coordinate shipping activities and monitor potential scheduling problems to ensure a smooth and controlled flow of materials and product accurately timed to meet production schedule and program requirements. This individual shall report, troubleshoot and expedite production problems which may impact manufacturing schedules and perform related duties as assigned or required.
• Tactical Planner will also own movement of boards and boxes between Work Centers, properly documenting movements within SharePoint and Websites.
• A Bachelor's degree with 2 years of experience OR 6 years of related experience in lieu of the Degree
• Ability to work with a Microsoft Office products and process documentation
•Associates degree in Business Administration, Manufacturing Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Production Planning or a related business or technical field or equivalent
• Aerospace Industry experience
• Experience with TipQA, Costpoint, Windchill, MES, Solumina, COGNOS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production