Northrop Grumman Operations Team Supervisor in Gilbert, Arizona
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
The Operations Team Supervisor will be responsible for direct supervision of Harness Work Center activities on the 1st shift. Accountable for safety, quality, on the job training, productivity and hardware delivery schedules. Provide shift hand-down daily to second shift personnel in the Work Center.
What You'll get to Do:
• Assemble flight harness and other related components using working knowledge of standard fabrication practices and techniques.
• Coordinate work with the Work Center Planner and manager on daily/weekly assignments.
• Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers to establish work flow and assign new tasks and set priorities.
• Assist Production Planner in inventory tracking and raw material usage
• Lead tool control, 5S, and FOD requirements in the Work Center
• Lead SQDEC; facilitate daily concerns and escalate to Work Center Management or other personnel as needed
• Oversee/assist with training and mentoring of new technicians in the Work Center
• Support process improvement and corrective action plans in the Work Center
Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years additional education and/or related experience.
A minimum of one year of Lead, supervisory experience in a manufacturing role.
Must have experience with building space flight Harness to include soldering.
Knowledge of Microsoft tools Excel, Word, Project.
Able to work well with others and lead a team of technicians.
Have good communication skills to provide accurate status.
Supervisory experience in a Manufacturing Production field is a big plus.
Bachelor's degree in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
Aerospace or Aircraft experience is highly desired
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
-Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
-Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
-Paid Time Off
-Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production