Northrop Grumman Staff International Trade Compliance Analyst in Falls Church, Virginia
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The Analyst is responsible for facilitating business by developing, implementing, and managing controls to ensure compliance with government export regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Provides advice and guidance to senior leaders on the complex application and implementation of export regulations. Interface with internal and external customers in trade compliance matters.
Key duties include:
• Serves as a subject matter expert to support training and education on export related matters, in particular on jurisdiction & classification, data & services export authorization reviews and public domain/release determinations
• Maintains awareness of changing export control laws and regulations and provides analysis regarding applicability and impact to company products and technologies, as well as existing company export policies and procedures
• Supports corporate priority program and capture reviews and provides guidance to sectors and business units on the development of export strategies
• Serves as liaison with U.S. government agencies on strategy development related to specific export matters of concern, and responds to inquiries from U.S. Government reviewers and assists in resolution of application related issues
• Manages trade compliance automated solutions issues and requirements
• As an integral member of corporate Global Trade Management team, may perform other duties on a collateral basis, such as performing audits and assessments
• Ability to be an independent contributor and work in a team environment
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; both written and oral
• Ability to lead across organizational and functional boundaries without direct-line supervisory authority to accomplish tasks
• 15+ Years with Bachelors; 13+ Years with Masters
• Experience in product self-classification and Commodity Jurisdiction process
• Proficiency in the ITAR, EAR and regulatory changes associated with Export Control Reform including interpreting "specially designed" and "order of review"
• US Citizenship with ability to obtain security clearance
• Engineering degree
• Knowledge of NGC products and services.
• Experience in training large, diverse groups on various export related issues matters
• Knowledge of foreign export regulations
• Experience with ERP systems or database management
• Active Top Secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Legal and Regulatory