Northrop Grumman Agile Transformation Manager 3 in Falls Church, Virginia
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact
people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and
advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage
and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives
on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization has an immediate opening for an Agile Transformation Manager to
join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The primary location for this position is Falls Church, VA, however, it will allow for virtual/telecommuting options.
Support our entire enterprise that will keep us defining possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a senior level Manager of Systems Engineering to work in our Agile Product Delivery team. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services; an organization of highly skilled and diverse individuals responsible for leading Agile teams that support important work across every Northrop Grumman sector.
The Agile Transformation manager will lead Enterprise Services Agile Transformation. The role encompasses tools, process, organization and people. The ideal candidate will need to work cross-functionally to identify a transformation plan for each business function as it relates to working agilely. The ideal candidate will work across functional areas to create and lead the execution of a Lean Agile transformation plan in alignment with corporate strategy and has understanding of portfolio management. The leader will stand also up Agile Deployment teams who will engage at within the service lines and functions as an embedded team to transform programs and our business into a lean agile organization. The ideal candidate has to have strong leadership qualities and comfort leading across organizations regardless of reporting authority. This position will require close collaboration with division leadership and supporting organizations within Enterprise systems.
• Lead agile organizational transformation across the sector to build a modern delivery capability. This includes setting a vision, aligning necessary resources and communicating at executive levels on status/milestones.
• Coach and mentor cross-functional teams on Lean Agile and DevOps practices and principles
• Perform a comprehensive assessment of the current state of the organization and build a cross-functional team to deliver transformative recommendations to adopt Agile and DevOps practices
• Build and maintain a prioritized backlog of the transformation activities and communicate progress
• Define KPIs and leading indicators to monitor the transformation progress
• Participate in functional areas and businesses PI planning
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our, Selecting the Best Qualified Managers
• Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline and 10 years of relevant experience; 8 years of relevant experience with a Master's degree.
• 5 years of Agile Coaching and management experience including:
o Technical experience with concentration in design, development, integration, implementation, and operations of complex large-scale information systems and technologies
o Active SAFe Program Consultant 5 (SPC) certification
o Minimum of 3 years' experience leading development teams in an Agile environment
o Experience coaching Agile Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Analysts, Developers, Testers and Leaders
o Working knowledge and practical experience in software development life cycle and methodologies
o Ability to influence change across both team and leadership levels by through relationship building and collaboration
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to ensure milestones are met
o Ability to work effectively in cross functional (operations, management, and financial) teams
o Coach scrum teams in agile values and best practices, teams of teams in multi-sprint "big room" planning, engineering craftsmanship best practices and enabling delivery at scale across multiple teams
o Lead communities of practice to enable craftsmanship for product owners, development engineers, quality, scrum masters and agile program managers.
o Maintain an awareness of what is happening within the agile community both internally and externally and, where appropriate, experiment with introducing new practices to the organization
o Coach 2-3 Agile teams simultaneously with in-depth guidance on the roles, rituals, and artifacts of Agile teams and organization units
o Experience working with Scrum, Feature Driven Development, Test Driven Development, eXtreme Programming, Continuous Integration & Delivery, DevOps
o Executed a minimum of five successful Program Increments (PI)
o Participated in the planning, training, and execution supporting at least two Agile Release Train launches
o Direct experience with transitioning teams to Agile practices, including both individual teams and multi-team projects
• Experience as a program and/or project manager
• Experience across multiple domains from: Program management. Agile, Lean DevSecOps
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math.
• Agile certification or equivalent experience required ( ICAgile, SPC, CST, CEC, PST or similar)
• Lean Six-sigma certification
• 7 years of experience leading teams in an Agile environment, including cyber-physical solutions, embedded development, and multi-team projects
• Experience implementing Agile principles and practices within DoD or Federal government or other high-compliance environment
• Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and their application to Agile programs
• Ability to obtain security clearance if required
Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC)
Certified Scrum@Scale Trainer
SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT)
Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
Professional Scrum Trainer (PST)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering