Northrop Grumman Software Engineer 4 Sr/Mid (AWS Solutions Architect) - Ability to obtain clearance in Fairfax, Virginia
Software Engineer 4 Sr/Mid (AWS Solutions Architect) - Ability to obtain clearance
Requisition ID: 18003052
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Fairfax
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Northrop Grumman is looking for an experienced AWS Solutions Architect to serve as an AWS SME in support of the integration and development of mission-related capabilities for Sponsor in the AWS commercial cloud. You will work with customers, partners, and several teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business needs and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. You will help program teams and customer to understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
The selected candidate will be required to have a strong technical understanding of relationships, dependencies, and requirements of hardware and software components built within SAFe/Agile. Candidate works with SAFe/Agile practices, and experience delivering deployable software in short sprints/on-demand. The candidate should have excellent oral and written skills, as he/she will interface with the customer regularly.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 9 years of experience, an addition 4 years of experience maybe considered in lieu of degree
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a government clearance.
• 3 or more years of experience as an AWS practitioner to include experience with CloudFormation and Linux
• AWS Lambda and/or video streaming experience
• Technical experience with increasing levels of responsibility providing technical oversight, stakeholder management and participation, and problem resolution
• Ability to understand complex issues and facilitate resolution;
• Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous issues
• Outstanding time management skills and attention to details
• Experience in preparing and/or reviewing technical and programmatic documentation to ensure accuracy and that impacts are identified, understood and communicated
• Strategic thinker with the ability to understand the ‘big picture’; how current project fit with others and how organizational processes and programs work to support effective delivery of capabilities .
• Certified as an AWS Solutions Architect – Associate Level (minimum) is highly preferred
• Experience with AWS or other public cloud services, preferable including S3, SQS, RDS, and API Gateway.
• Experience with Agile/SaFE methodology
• Experience with DevOps processes, preferably CloudFormation or Chef
• Experience with Programming Languages such as Java, C , Python, Ruby, Perl
• Experience with Development tools such as GitHub, Jenkins
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Software Engineer 4 Sr/Mid (AWS Solutions Architect) - Ability to obtain clearance
Requisition ID: 18003052