Northrop Grumman Cyber Network Security Analyst 2/3 in Fairfax, Virginia
Cyber Network Security Analyst 2/3
Requisition ID: 18009984
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Fairfax
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation’s cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Cyber Network Security Analyst 2/3 position will be located in Fair Lakes, VA or Arlington, VA.The candidate selected for this role must be able to support shift work.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
· Technical analysis of network activity; the analyst monitors and evaluates network flow data, signature-based IDS events and full packet capture (PCAP) data. Triage IDS alerts; collect related data from various network analysis systems, review available open and closed source information on related threats & vulnerabilities, prepare initial summary reports. Monitor and analyze signature-based IDS alerts and associated packet (PCAP) data. Analyze network flow data for anomalies and to correlate reporting with enterprise-wide network activity. Lightweight programming/scripting skills to automate analytics are a plus. Document key event details and analytic findings in an incident management system.
· Perform high-level incident handling functions to include: Provide oversight and assessment of incident response and triage actions across a large enterprise, Identify & extract network indicators from incident reporting and published technical advisories/bulletins, Perform incident correlation & escalation.
· Recommend new IDS signatures and detection strategies.
· Produce final reports and review incident reports from junior analysts.
· Communicate and collaborate with analysts from other SOC organizations to investigate cyber events.
· Assess cyber indicators/observables and collaborate in the development of IDS signatures and detection mechanisms.
· Monitor and report on trends and activity on network sensor platforms.
· Provide technical assessments of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
· Fuse open-source threat & vulnerability information with data collected from sensors across the enterprise.
· Produce and update network analysis and incident handling documentation.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or 3.
·Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 2 years related technical experience required for the level 2 role.
·Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience required for the level 3 role.
·Active Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility is required.In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
·The candidate selected for this role must be able to support shift work.
·Basic/working knowledge of security concepts, protocols, processes, architectures and tools (authentication & access control technologies, intrusion detection, network traffic analysis, SIM technology, incident handling, media/malware analysis, etc).
·Basic/working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and architectures (OSI-model, TCP/IP, major application protocols such as DNS/HTTP/SMTP, LAN/WANs, VPNs, routers/routing, addressing, etc).
·Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet iterative deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications- Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
·Current DHS Suitability at the SCI level.
·CISSP, GSE, GCIA, GCIH or other related professional certifications
·Experience working within the Federal government technology community a plus
·Knowledge of cyber policy & issues, the global cyber community, roles of major organizations how they interrelate and interact, and shortcomings in this structure.
·Awareness of the common cyber products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and a comprehensive understanding of the disciplines of cybersecurity.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Cyber Network Security Analyst 2/3
Requisition ID: 18009984