Northrop Grumman Principal Windows Systems Administrator in Elkton, Maryland
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Elkton, MD area. Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform as primary Windows Systems Administrator for a small to medium sized classified government contract.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Support multiple networks; ensure necessary administration tasks are completed.
• Analyze internal and external customer requirements; provide potential solution based on standard hardware and software.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements to improve performance and reliability of system; includes installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all networked and standalone computers in a classified environment, as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Active DoD Secret clearance.
• Ability to maintain an active clearance.
• Current Security + CE, or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Experience managing Windows Server OS, including the design of a Windows domain architecture, Active Directory administration, implmentation of GPOs, creation of operational policies/procedures, and applying appropriate user permissions.
• Experience administering Windows Server 2012/2016 & Windows 10 clients.
• Experience managing systems under NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG system environments.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
• Windows Server architecture & management experience.
• Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
• Windows domain architecture experience.
• Windows Active Directory, LDAP, Virtualization, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
• Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
• Rudimentary scripting experience.
• Experience with creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
• Active Top Secret security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology