At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Mission Assurance Manager 1 to lead a Quality Engineering team responsible for supporting the manufacture and delivery of Solid Rocket Motors and Controls to USG military as well as a commercial customer base. This position will reside and support the Defense Sector team in Elkton, MD .
The Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems and Controls (PS&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton PS&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY and Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
Elkton, Maryland is located on the Upper Chesapeake Bay, midway between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Discover charming small towns, parks with miles of trails, specialty and antique shops, award winning restaurants, and inns. You can hike, bike, camp, bird watch, ride horseback, or drop a fishing line. Five rivers, Chesapeake Bay and the C&D Canal can be explored by boat or by land. Experience panoramic views from Turkey Point Lighthouse on a bluff overlooking the Bay, or from the banks of the C&D Canal where ships from around the globe cruise. https://www.ccgov.org/government/tourism
The MA Manager will support critical programs within Propulsion Systems and Controls and lead a high performing team responsible for delivering quality products and maintaining compliance across the organization. The MA Manager will plan and execute production plans using measurable goals and effectiveness criteria in support of the overall business strategy of the unit, division and sector. Candidates are to have a proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication, championing, and implementation of change with a diverse set of internal and external customers and suppliers. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills combined with a "can do" attitude is essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Directs and coordinates quality assurance functional disciplines, including Quality Control, Quality Engineering, Supplier Quality, Software Quality, and Quality Systems per AS9100 standards and other internal/external compliance standards and regulations.
• Interfaces with customers, vendors, and with Propulsion Systems and Controls organizations to identify and resolve mission assurance issues.
• Interfaces with other functional management, integrated product teams, and customers - critical component of the position. Able to build trusted relationships and work through difficult challenges with the customers.
• Plans and manages the department's manpower, budget, physical assets and hiring activities.
• Plans and implements professional development and career management programs for MA personnel while positively influencing employee engagement.
• Provides clear assignments, helps employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, creates an inclusive work environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and builds a culture that motivates employees to their highest levels of performance.
• Assures compliance in quality, risk management, safety, process improvement, sub-contractor and supplier quality in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Fosters a working environment which reinforces and drives accountability to fundamental Northrop Grumman Values focused on integrity, quality, shared success, and innovation.
• Partners with engineering and program management peers to assure a balanced and efficient assignment of resources to support all programs and achievement in key performance metrics.
• Leads and/or oversees investigations and failure analyses related to product or process performance deficiencies to ensure definitive root causes are determined and corrective actions are implemented.
• Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience
• 2+ years of project, program, or people leadership experience
• Experience with technical and project management
• Demonstrated understanding of the program/product lifecycle in the areas of new business pursuit, design, supply chain management, receiving operations, inventory control, production control, product test & evaluation, reliability, root cause analysis, product sell off, shipping and product support as they apply to quality
• Ability to network and negotiate at all levels within an organization to accomplish objectives
• Strong leadership, influence, and project management skills
• Excellent communication skills - written and oral
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
• Software quality and or software quality management experience
• Experience with requirements development, flow-down, analysis, verification and validation
• Experience with development, integration, and testing of integrated aerospace systems
• Leadership skills to develop direct reports at various levels and disciplines to higher levels of performance and responsibility
• Evidence of problem solving and time management skills
• Experience working with multi-disciplined teams
• Experience working directly with customers, vendors, and subcontractors
• Prior experience with testing of defense products and/or experience with Government technical agencies
Salary Range: $109,800 - $164,600
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.