Northrop Grumman Environmental Engineer - Remediation Project Manager in El Segundo, California
Come support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization has an immediate opportunity to join the Corporate Environmental Remediation (CER) Team as a Principal Environmental Engineer - Remediation Project Manager. This position reports to the Manager, CER Organization. The incumbent will serve as a member of the CER Team with direct responsibility for the overall project management and success of his/her assigned projects.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop and oversee overall strategy for assigned remediation sites.
• Deliver presentations and communicate effectively to NG management on status, strategies, costs, progress and performance, and emerging issues on assigned site remediation projects.
• Act as project team leader and provide management/direction to external resources.
• Charter, direct, coach, monitor and assess consultant and contractor work.
• Execute projects in alignment with NG project management systems.
• Manage and mobilize or consult with multi-disciplinary teams of specialists, including but not limited to attorneys, government representatives, engineers, scientists, accountants, outreach specialists, and general consultants/contractors.
• Be a key Team contributor with effective collaboration with peer Project Managers.
• Manage projects in accordance with NG's environmental, health & safety (EHS) program and assure safe work practices are implemented on site remediation sites.
• Develop and maintain project schedule (Microsoft Project), implement change management and drive remediation progress.
• Develop cost forecasts, manage budgets and approve spending, and certify costs in coordination with NG business management procedures.
• Implement project controls (Earned Value) to ensure cost tracking, reasonableness and efficiency.
• Interface and negotiate with regulatory agencies on site strategies and advocate for NG's interests.
• Planning and preparation of scopes of work (SOWs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), purchase orders and change orders, and coordinate with procurement organization.
• Critically review consultant technical deliverables and ensure quality/schedule adherence.
• Estimate project life-cycle cost and maintain financial forecasts.
• Develop site closure/exit strategy and maintain site closure path diagrams.
• Conduct Site Management Strategy and Remedy Selection events.
• Maintain site remediation files in accordance with NG's records management procedure.
The successful candidate must have a solid understanding of CERCLA and RCRA laws and regulations, environmental remediation programs, project management methodologies, chemical/mechanical engineering processes, financial tracking/reporting, agency negotiation, and cost and project controls. He/she must have the ability to drive change, lead cross-functional activities, and build relationships at all levels of the organization and with vendors and suppliers.
• BS degree from an accredited institution with a focus in an engineering field (including environmental, chemical, civil, and mechanical) and a minimum of 5 years of working experience in the field of environmental remediation.
• Minimum of 2 years of project management experience.
• Exhibits adherence to Values, High Performance, People Leadership, Customer Intimacy, Innovative Ideas and Strategic Value Creation.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage workload in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Is action-oriented, works effectively in times dealing with ambiguity, displays command skills, and has a drive for results.
• Proven environmental remediation knowledge and problem solving experience.
• Keen understanding of structural organization and seasoned customer service delivery.
• Experience in field operations, remedial construction, and environmental testing methodologies.
• Ability to travel to various project locations across the United States.
• MS Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE).
• Project Management Professional (PMP).
• Strong business/financial acumen and experience with financial systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Environmental, Health & Safety