Northrop Grumman Associate, Systems Engineer (Launch Integration, Safety, Reliability) in El Segundo, California
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Systems.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
• Work with all Spacecraft subsystems for Launch Vehicle interface requirements development
• Manage Spacecraft Interface Requirements Document and process the document through the Engineering Review Boards for release and updates
• Aid in coordination of review and approval of Launch Vehicle Interface Control Document with all Spacecraft subsystems
• Define and document requirement verifications and coordinate closures of requirement with the responsible engineers
• Attend and Support Launch Vehicle integration meetings and design reviews by coordinating review of products with the required Spacecraft subsystems
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering process is preferred and experience with DOORS software is a plus
System Safety Engineering
• Possesses proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience authoring complex technical documentation and design review content.
• Aid in the preparation, review, and acceptance of launch range safety documentation in accordance with AFSPCMAN 91-710.
• Identify, assess, and mitigate hazards present in spacecraft using the process described MIL-STD-882.
• Plan, develop, and aid in the execution of new hazardous manufacturing and test procedures.
• Generate design and test safety requirements for spacecraft systems and subsystems.
• Model on-orbit hazards using model based systems engineering approaches (MBSE). Analyze spacecraft flight dynamics and operations procedures for hazards.
• Collaborate with fault management engineering to design and test resilient systems which meet the needs of the human spaceflight community and fulfill critical national security missions.
• Collaborate with Systems Engineering and Fault Management to develop reliability block diagrams (RBDs) for various spacecraft to determine probability of mission success
• Estimate failure rates for electronic components using handbook-based methodologies (e.g., MIL-HDBK-217F)
• Represent Reliability Engineering in internal and external meetings, working groups, and design reviews
• Aid in the preparation, review, and acceptance of reliability analyses in accordance with program Mission Assurance Requirements and industry standards. These analyses could include:
o Electrical Parts Stress / Derating Analyses
o Failure Modes and Effects Analyses
o Fault Tree Analyses
o Worst Case Circuit Analyses
o System Reliability Predictions
• Experience with one or more of the following is beneficial:
o Authoring complex technical documentation and presentations
o Elementary Probability, Bayesian Statistics and Boolean Logic
o Interpreting electrical circuit schematics and component datasheets
o Python, VBA, or another scripting language
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's) from an accredited institution.
• Be majoring in or having majored in a STEM degree
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.2.5/4.0 or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering