Northrop Grumman Computer System Security Analyst 4 / ISSM in East Hartford, Connecticut
Computer System Security Analyst 4 / ISSM
Requisition ID: 18007959
Location(s): United States-Connecticut-East Hartford
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
We are seeking a dynamicInformation Systems Security Manager (ISSM)to provide high-level cyber security support for our Special Programs business unit in East Hartford, Connecticut.
AOA Xinetics (AOX) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Northrop Grumman Corporation, a large and reputable player in the Aerospace and Defense industries. AOX is a leader in developing challenging, mission critical electro-optical and opto-mechanical systems. We design, manufacture and service optical & photonic solutions world-wide for both the industrial and government markets.
As part of Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.
The ISSM will be responsible for a portfolio of programs spanning SCI and potentially spanning Collateral levels. The candidate will support information system life cycle activities from rapidly establishing systems to support classified proposals, to scoping systems for new programs and preparing Risk Management Framework packages, to regular maintenance, support and upgrades of systems during program execution, to program close-out and de-certification activities.
Components of the Information Assurance (IA) program include Certification and Accreditation (C&A) activities (documentation preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, vetting IT hardware and software for entry into secure areas and delivering information systems security education and awareness to the workforce. This position manages the IA incident response program as well as interfaces with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, program personnel and government security representatives).
The ISSM’s role is to support the needs of our technical customers while being compliant with DoD and Intelligence Community requirements. The ideal candidate will have a solution driven attitude with excellent follow-up and an aptitude for collaborative problem solving.
This candidate will interface directly with the Security Department on team projects
• Bachelors of Science degree
--Experience either as an ISSO or ISSM implementing NISPOM Chapter 8, JAFAN 6/3, ICD 503, and/or JSIG IS requirements.
• Have or obtain CISSP certification per DoD Directive 8570.1 within 9 months upon being hired.
• Have an active TOP SECRET security clearance and ability to obtain SCI clearances.
• Experience with Windows operating environments.
• Familiarity conducting vulnerability scans.
• Experience in developing external customer relationships and communications
• Experience in providing awareness and training to personnel
• Maintains awareness of upcoming customer / government driven changes and challenges and suggests approaches to meet those challenges
• Customer/mission focused
• Excellent time management skills; keeps commitments and welcomes a collaborative environment
• Self-disciplined to lead IA projects with minimal supervision.
• Team Player
• Previous experience working as a security professional in a SAP/SCI environment
• CISSP Certification per DoD Directive 8570.1
• ISSM per ICD 503 qualifications
• Familiarity with the ODAA Baseline Standard requirements, Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG) and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• Excellent communications skills (written & oral), ability to conduct IS user briefings.
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the following but not limited to: Information Technology, Information Assurance, Computer Information Systems, or Criminal Justice.
• Experience in COMSEC and/or Special Program Security Roles
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Title: Computer System Security Analyst 4 / ISSM
Location: Connecticut-East Hartford
Requisition ID: 18007959