Northrop Grumman Staff Systems Engineer in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
National Security Space programs include technical roles at the mission, segment, subsystem and component levels. This Staff Systems Engineer position will be located in our Dulles, VA location. They span the entire program life cycle from early concept studies, design development, system integration/test, launch and early operations, mission operations/sustainment and system disposal. Programs range from small feasibility studies to medium-sized on orbit technology demonstrations and large-scale national system programs.
Staff Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
• Preparing design reviews
• Writing statements of work for suppliers
• Defining and managing hardware and software interfaces
• requirements development and requirements verification
• This senior role will include customer interface
• interactions with internal engineering associates and program management
• The role may require assisting in new business activities such as conceptual design and analysis for proposals and funded studies, and may include authoring sections for both.
Qualified candidates will be familiar with specifying and procuring avionics components and functional lab testing. Candidate will be familiar with working in multi-discipline teams to develop hardware and software systems. As a senior position, the role also includes responsibilities for knowledge transfer and mentoring of junior engineers.
Job Category : Engineering