Northrop Grumman Staff C++, Python Software Engineer, Top Secret (SCI) Required, Space and Satellite Systems in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
We are seeking Staff Engineer software candidates for for our Space Division. The primary location for this role is in Dulles, VA.
Roles & Responsibilities may include:
• Responsible for the technical performance of Raptor in establishing and executing against a commercial product roadmap along with contractual commitments.
• Support the program's transition to Agile DevSecOps and subsequently Scaled Agile Software Development Lifecycle processes
• Work closely with and collaborate with the Business Development Managers, Program/Project/Mission Managers, and other technical personnel on quotes, proposals, and responses to customer technical inquiries. Include technical analysis of RFPs and SOWs as well as identifying risks and appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
• Will be required to effectively communicate technical progress to customers, senior leadership, and companywide audiences.
• Attend meetings, seminars, symposiums and shows as a technical representative of the Raptor Department.
• In collaboration with domain specific leadership teams and management, assesses strategic business opportunities, participates in strategic planning, and leads/participates in internal research and development planning and execution.
• Assist in developing strategic product plans and roadmaps, identifying required new capabilities, and providing feedback on products, industry trends and customer needs.
• Work closely with Department leadership and support compliance functions to ensure full compliance with Division, Corporate, and government policies.
Job Category : Engineering