Northrop Grumman Sr./Principal Power Simulation and Analysis Engineer - Lunar Missions - Space Systems in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
We have an opening for a Power Simulation and Analysis Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Tactical Space organization. This position will be located in Dulles, VA.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on programs for cislunar or manned spaceflight in support of moon landing! Our engineers develop mathematical models and simulations for spacecraft electrical power system to support analyses required for power electronics hardware design and control software development, verification and troubleshooting.
In this role you will:
• Define the technical requirements and architecture for the simulation system
• Develop, validate, and maintain simulation models of electrical power system component including solar array, lithium ion battery, electric motor and controller, and power electronics
• Use simulation to support analyses (transient response, stability, fault coordination) and trade studies
• Support defining requirements for hardware component, control software and interfaces
• Use simulation to assess potential issues before physical parts are available for testing
• Develop interfaces for processor-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop simulators
• Prepare test plans, test procedures, test cases, conduct unit to system level testing, and write test reports
• Support development of control algorithms for power electronic systems
Job Category : Engineering