Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Engineer Mechnical - NGSpace in Dulles, Virginia
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Division designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Innovation Systems Space Systems Group is seeking an entry to mid-level Mechanical Engineer to assist an experienced team of mechanical engineers to perform mechanical, systems, and design engineering on one or more spacecraft systems or subsystems.
This position is located in Dulles, VA.
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Work on all Spacecraft Structures, Payload, and Antenna mechanical hardware from requirements all the way through integration and test.
• Perform detailed design tasks using Computer Aided Design (CAD) and other software tools to develop and document designs for manufacturing and ultimately assembly into spacecraft.
• Interfacing and communicating with customers, program and functional management, other spacecraft engineering disciplines, and component suppliers.
• Develop test plans and procedures and support structural testing at the component and spacecraft levels.
• Perform cost and schedule planning for projects and proposals.
• Expected to be self-motivated and provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems under general supervision.
• Skills include, but not limited to, Computer Aided Design (CAD), knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T), 3D Printing, Design for Manufacturing, and Mechanics of Metallic and Composite Materials.
Job Category : Engineering