Northrop Grumman Space/Satellite Systems Engineer - Top Secret in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
This Systems Engineer position is located in Dulles, VA supporting our National Security Space programs. These programs include technical roles at the mission, segment, subsystem and component levels. They span the entire program life cycle from early concept studies, design development, system integration/test, launch and early operations, mission operations/sustainment and system disposal. Programs range from small feasibility studies to medium-sized on orbit technology demonstrations and large-scale national system programs.
Systems engineering responsibilities include:
• Supporting design reviews, writing procurements, defining and managing hardware and software interfaces, and requirements verification.
• The role will include interface with clients, as well as regular interactions with internal engineering associates and program management.
• The role may require assisting in new business activities such as conceptual design and analysis for proposals and funded studies, and may include authoring sections for both.
• Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) discipline and 2 years of experience or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 0 years of experience
• Must have U.S. Citizenship with current or active Top Secret level clearance
• Mission system requirements,
• Verification/validation planning,
• Mission planning/execution, mission analysis,
• System trade studies,
• Expertise with various engineering tools such as MATLAB, STK, and similar tools.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering