Northrop Grumman Spacecraft Launch Vehicle Senior Principal Systems Engineer- Top Secret Space and Satellites in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
This new and exciting posiiton will perform the following duties:
You will work on Space Vehicle interfaces with candidate Launch Vehicles for National Security Systems Programs!
• Develop, negotiate, and maintain Launch Vehicle / Space Vehicle requirements up to and including launch vehicle.
• Develop and negotiate all ground operations (including communication) requirements to support the Launch Campaign (Launch Site Support Plan).
• Ensure launch vehicle hardware necessary for system level environmental testing is planned in order to support all relevant space vehicle testing.
• Maintain an integrated schedule that includes the launch vehicle and space vehicle tasks and milestones.
• Develop a receivable and deliverable list to ensure all necessary SV and LV analyses and products are completed to support MIT and GO activities and tasks.
Bachelors Degree & 9 years systems engineering experience.
Must have U.S. Citizenship with current or active Top Secret level clearance.
Experience supporting a space vehicle to launch vehicle integration effort.
Must also have experience leading or participating in a day of launch rehearsal for space program.
Ground Operations and Mission Integration Working Group planning.
Experience leading Launch Campaigns including planning and execution.
Knowledge of Systems Engineering process is preferred and experience with DOORS software is a plus.
Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering